9.3.10

Ramkali Bhabhi lost her two teeth, thanks to Women’s Bill


By Nabeel A. Khan

Trembling hand, speech faster than a jet, eyes scuttling all around the House, this is how Rajya Sabha chairman and Vice President Hamid Ansari rushed out the Women’s Bill. He really snatched my sympathy with his meek attitude. I guess it was his intelligence that must have made him see his vulnerable white color of hair and beard (which is the color of paper also) to be caught up by protesting MPs (Member of Pariah) who were hungrily jumping and tearing any paper or anything they come across. Like a perfect wild cur.


But Ansari’s timid expression during the passing of the bill really left me in great puzzle as I still don’t know was he not smart enough to remain bold by putting on some protection like helmet or borrowing a black cap to avoid any unwarranted hands, or he did it deliberately because the Bill is proposed to make ‘weaker sex’ strong. So he pretended to be weak but gave a strong smack.


But, since then I have amassed thousands of white paper Bills. Some of the bills I have got from the ration shop, malls, sweet shops and I don’t know what I have not bought today and whose door I have not knocked at to collect the Bills, before it starts getting black marketed. Just to know that what Chawanparas could not do in many years this few pages of bill can do as I see everyone around claiming so. They are celebrating and claiming that this one bill will make millions of women strong. But it’s been more than 15 hours that I tabled all these bills but I have not got any iota of change. It’s not that to me only – but to my Mamta kaki, Ramkali bhabhi and Sujata and to many other whom I could consult. They rather laughed at me says “ What a fool you are to believe that a paper can make some one strong which is used ……….”.


I sent Ramkali Bhabhi, (she is the wife of my Dhobi-washerman) to check if she has got the power or not। Her husband has a routine of everyday coming drunk and testing a little power with poor (sorry ) now powerful Ramkali Bhabhi। So even today as he has come to home and starts in his way। But I had convinced Bhabhi that she is now powerful because today she had the ‘Bill’ so she should take it up for her rights---so now the moment he starts his usual match Bhabhi turns strong and is ready to face anything like a soldier. But I really did not know that this will make the worst of all the matches they had as the Bhabhi ultimately lost her two teeth till she could understand the emptiness of the Bill. Now I had to think something to quickly to save myself from her as it was me who persuaded her to be fool like me. But, thanks god I was smart and quick enough to find that it was the same two teeth in which she had been complaining about pain for past few months but could not see a dentist. So I quickly told her “see the Bill was really powerful and it has rescued you from the pain you had”.




But I really don’t know, how Mamta kaki (aunty) was so powerful even two years back that, she had burnt her daughter-in-law to death because she could not manage to get gas cylinder and stove from her parents as dowry in four years। But I still wonder how this paper bill could (can) protect millions of women from fire. Ohhoooo!!! I am really a fool! I think there are some magical mantras written on the bill and after reading this they will get the power, but still I am puzzled half of the women in the country don’t know how to read then what benefit will these women get.? But why should anyone bother about those who can’t read why should anyone care whether who can read or who can not. Ultimately those who can read and they will get the benefit. Yes I should also not make a fuss about rather be happy with everyone!!.



I am still having many doubts about the bill which I will explore tomorrow with more practical!!

2 comments:

  1. Nice Article. really Agree With You.

    I Also feel the Same. That How A Passing A bill can Make the Womens Stronger Unless Mens Would Support them.

    We have Seen the Protest of Few handful of People. and In the Parliament they may be handful but in the Population of 1 Billion this Number is not handful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Manu for reading it and appreciating it. You are absolutely right. God bless you

    ReplyDelete